Monday 29 November 2010

More Knitting & Stitches and a uniform pic right way up!





Okay this triptych ( is it?) was hung impresively together like below.







Im 5' 8" and they were longer then I am tall. By Ann Deckers who told me it took her a whole 6 months to make..........
like I could manage anything like that within a year or more!


The shoal of fish were delightful and the floaty chap alongside here was so delicate you could almost anticipate his next gentle pulse movement forwards.


The technique used is shibori, dye resist, in which I know very little. She used only indigo and worked from the front and the back.....and then laboriously and carefully cut back the velvet pile.


Quite amazing but sadly the pics dont do the colour justice. There was subtle shading to the velvet background.



















This face blew me away, called About Face by Lynne ProsserIt was impressive, not as scary as it may at first appear, because you could clearly see the care taken to merge the fabrics together. All manner of fabrics were used.
Whilst I may not want to live with him on my wall, I do like the technique and have seen cats and old faces done in a  similar way which were stunning too.

Here's one of the uniforms right ways up, I found which button I hadnt clicked lol

No comments:

Post a Comment