Sunday 5 December 2010


Dont think Ive posted this tree before, but then with all this snow it seems kind of appropriate to post it, it has a snowy look and feel to it! I still think it needs a cat sat beneath it, must get the polyclay out and make one.

Needed a break from stitching so gathered up some yarns and curled up with some knitting needles and a crochet hook. These Head Huggers are surprisingly warm and I like making them. Each ones always different cos I dont follow patterns very often, just wing it with whatever yarns Ive used. These two are simple garter stitch of course so no real artistry involved anyway!

(jean take note!) I finally altered the hot water bottle cover I made from an old but fabulous woollen blanket into a bag. Only taken what, two years to get round to it?!
Put a phone pocket inside it and added the belt strap to it and it looks the part at least now.
Did consider dyeing a cream belt in an elderberry eco bath but mines on its last legs now and I couldnt rob the wild birds of any more berries with this snow!
Besides the strap could likely rub colour off onto clothing so thought better of that idea.
Lunch is calling me, and I may have to knit more Huggers, my 'Creative Gene' has knitting on her mind at the moment.
Though last night I did start a Doiley Angel for my xmas tree, so have her wings to fashion yet, guess thats mu Sunday planned, with dvd films to watch in the background. Its a hard life isnt it!
OH!!! Must show you this......... was on our local Freecycle site earlier ( called Freegle here in Hull for whatever reason)
I love this Offer.........

Drive full of snow, unwanted gift. Free to collect at a time to suit you. Unlucky people please note there may be more on offer early next week


Fair Offer Policy: I agree to take a period of time to see what responses I get before deciding who to give item(s) to. This gives members on Daily Digest, or those who don't have continual access to the Internet a fair chance to reply.

Great or what!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lin your tree is lovely and I really enjoyed all your K&S posts, especially the Julia Caprara pics. I am in Grantham in the south of the county and we're snowed and iced in at the moment. Roll on the Spring!

    ReplyDelete