Friday 28 March 2014

Confession - I bought more fabric at the NEC Stitching for Pleasure show :)

Home sick with a barking cough, my head and body aches and I have fevers with shivers, but Dr assures me it is viral so no antibiotics.
Think he's wrong but it's only my body and brain so what do I know ha!

I wrote the post below on Monday evening and intended to take pics of what I'd bought at the show, but for the life of me, I cant find the bag of purchases, having tidied it away on sunday morning! So if I ever find it, the pictures will be posted later - unless Ive been burgled for my show purchases - or imagined buying them!
Is this how Alzheimers starts????

~
Naturally, it wasn't all my fault, the buying of more fabric, Jean was partly to blame since she pointed out the batik fat quarters reduced to £20 a roll of 10, within 20 minutes of us being in the NEC show hall ! Calls herself my friend too!
....and I couldn't decide which colour batch to buy,
so I then HAD to buy two rolls.......cough - cough, right?
My soupcon hexi star shapes are going to be all batiks after all.

The idea that this year I would make a big reduction in my fabric stash by actually USING it, well yes that is happening ( too slowly mind you).
But have you noticed, you never have the colour or pattern NECESSARY, to complete a project your making, to use up your stash?
You are always short of at least that one extra fabric to successfully complete what your making - right?
Right.
So that's why I HAD to buy the white on white fabrics, to applique the hexi BOM 2014 blocks and the hexi stars on to, so they were justified purchases, right?
Right.

Of course the fact that I bought a circular knitting needle, size 25 to knit a poufe with and an enormous similarly sized crochet hook too, to crochet fabrics with - well I can't think of anyone else to blame for that,
so I must own up to that!
Oh hang on, I could blame the lady selling them, Ingrid Wagner, yes its her fault I bought those then.
http://uk.images.search.yahoo.com/yhs/search;_ylt=A7x9UnH0mjVTN1MAuut3Bwx.;_ylu=X3oDMTBsZ3ZhODNnBHNlYwNzYwRjb2xvA2lyZAR2dGlkAw--?_adv_prop=image&fr=yhs-ironsource-fullyhosted_003&va=ingrid+wagner+big+knitting&hspart=ironsource&hsimp=yhs-fullyhosted_003

I also bought a natty tool called a Spider Tool ......... the link below shows how you use it. I can see circular bowls, wristlets and outlining for rug making when I get round to using it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdm_Uc2MXow

Okay back to looking for my bag of purchases!

8 comments:

  1. Oh lady -- I hope you're feeling better soon -- we have alot of that going around in the States right now. Good luck finding that new stash of yours - can't wait to see the pictures. Thanks for stopping by the blog and leaving such a nice comment. You're showing as a "no-reply" blogger so I couldn't email back :( Take care.... Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to hear you've got the dreaded winter virus. I hate to tell you but I've had it for three weeks and the cough is still debilitating. I have finally got antibiotics and they're making me feel more lively but the cough continues. I hope you enjoyed the show, I went on Saturday and enjoyed it but was limited by the cold for what I could manage. I concentrated on the Galleries and just a few of the sales stalls. I hope you find your shopping and I do hope you start to feel better soon. Keep drinking plenty ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hope you feel better soon-and find your purchases! I worry all the time now about getting dementia hoping my generation gets skipped over

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry you're sickly - take care of you! As for your purchases, of COURSE you're right! None of it was your fault in any way. Nope, not at all. Bad Jean! Bad Ingrid!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Addendum to comment # 1 - just watched the spider tool video....that thing is definitely ingenious!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are an artist. Your fabric is your paint. An artist can never have too much paint! Now go find your bag of purchases so we can see what you got!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What fabric?...I don't see any fabric....it must have been your imagination :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hold my hand up ! guilty as charged.....but would I have been less of a friend if I didn't point out the beautiful fabrics at a great price...? Don't know how I managed to resist...

    ReplyDelete