Saturday 22 May 2010

Cabo Roig

Tiles feature all over the place of course and many have a distinct moorish flavour to them. The coast was inhabited by different cultures of course over time so these influences can be found. I was tile spotting like some major 'anorack' but resisted too many pics of them lol
Small walls were topped in this interesting zigzag which caught my eye.




I love that there was so much human constructed pattern in Cabo Roig and you couldnt help but see the modernism influence in the design of many of the buildings.
There were buildings that struck me as very Art Deco and the colours of buyildings were sympathetic to the natural landscape.

Having said that we drove past Benidorm and that looked like a monster invasionof humanity on the natural coast and one I would never wish to go to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment