Sunday, 1 July 2012

What I used, colour catchers and a clever cat!

I am daft at times....Im posting the head hugger pictures but I finally figured out that if I also showed what yarns Id used together, it might benefit some of you if you want to make a similar knit texture.
If that makes sense ~
So here's the latest with whats left from the odd balls I've used...
Im not sure which yarn to make the feature flower/trim with yet....so this one is resting, till I decide!


I sorted through a basket and realised Ive got so many colour catchers that I really ought to DO something ( more than I did here  http://liniecat.blogspot.co.uk/2011/06/my-hexies-another-rose-and-etsy-shop.html )
with them....so my thinking cap is on and I await inspiration to strike!

These are the most colourful ones......... and using them, never fails to make me realise how much dye comes out of a normal wash and why my daughter and son, used to so frequently have multi coloured...white...socks LOL
And bear in mind the lovely shibori-ish patterns are serendipity or because youve scrunched the catcher or folded it when youve put it in the washer...
The little woven squares on the left are still WIP....maybe I should make more of them and frame them up as nine patches of sorts?
Hmmm maybe....


The colours arent true on this one below, they are charcoal grey thru to a mauvey grey......
The ones below are subtle pale coloured and these I will pop, one at a time, back in with a wash, to pick up more stray colours.  You can end up with some interesting two tone effects that way.
And the ones below, I used when I was flower pounding last summer!

And cat carers amongst you might recognise my concern, when I heard my Hilly puss hike up 'something'  - but I then couldnt find 'it' anywhere.
I looked for all that day and the next...but no fur ball or mound of sick came to light.
It had the definative sound of 'something' of size and shape - but it was nowhere to be found.
So imagine my surprise when my grandson came 3 days later and I grabbed his slippers, which had been sat on the stairs......only to find that Hilly had managed to throw up in Jack's left slipper!!
Not a spot on the outside it was all dried inside.........thats a pretty good aim all in all since he only wears a size 7 childs shoe!

8 comments:

  1. I have a mountain of colour catchers too and so far have only made a cover for my iPad which they worked well for. I keep meaning to treat them with some matt medium but keep forgetting. I've never tried flower pounding but I love the effects you've achieved. I will have to give it a go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i, too, have a bunch of color catchers. i did make a couple of pouches...one with a zipper that i use a lot for knitting. i even lined it with a pretty cotton fabric. they have such a wonderful softness and texture after coming out of the washer. i use the light colored ones several times as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a few colour catches too. I have no idea what to do with them. I shall wait to see what you come up with :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now you are starting to make me feel guilty .... I too have a growing pile of colour catchers. I did use some of them as a backing for small pieces of machine embroidery and they worked really well for that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now you are making me feel really guilty ... I have a growing pile of colour catchers. I did use one or two as a backing for some machine embroidered birds that I was creating to make small sketchbooks, but since then they have just sat there in a heap.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Colour catchers? Hmmmm - heard of them but didn't believe they would really work. Guess I'd better invest in some, if only for the play value afterwards!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Color catchers...What a a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. there are so many wonderful colours and textures in that wool, it's beautiful. The cat story? yuk!

    ReplyDelete

Gadget

This content isn't available over encrypted connections yet.