Thursday 2 January 2020

Happy New Year!

I know!
I’m here, still alive and .... writing a blog post!
I’m pretty certain I will be nattering away to myself, that you have been busy elsewhere too and probably hadn’t noticed I wasn’t here lol
But that’s fine, I hope your all well, happy, healthy and enjoying life.
I have no excuses, really, for not blogging, other than I lost the urge to?
But oddly, the urge seems to have returned so here I am, giving it another go.


This was a try at stitching leaves into flowers but I didn’t glycerine the leaves so they crumble if knocked.
An interesting thing to do though and maybe next Autumn I will get more organised and try again.
I had sat in the car waiting for number one grandson, now 11, to come out of school and looked at the bushes alongside. 
A spur of the moment leaf gathering moment lol


This was what my desk at work looked like one day in November, unbeknown to me the 5 in the office decorated my desk for me lol I seem to be the oldest there now ! But at least I am still working and enjoying making things for the kids. I do worry that one day they will turf me out as I’m having too much fun making stuff! 


Just before Christmas I was asked to make 12 little zippy pouches for some hearing impaired children to stash their hearing aid batteries and bits in.
Great fun! 
Each was to be different so no one had the same as anyone else.
I haven’t downloaded all the pics of recent makes yet ... well, not onto the IPad which I’m using just now. 
The last years worth of pictures are either on my phone or on
the laptop and I must get round to doing whatever it is you do, to make all three technologies talk to each other and share my stuff! 

But, I have been making quite abit of different stuff, as well as decluttering stash ...
.... though is there some existential or otherwise explanation as to why, 
when you declutter LOTS .... you still seem to have SO MUCH stuff STILL left?
I mean is it only me that has this problem?
Spaces aren’t evident, despite several black bins of stash having been taken to 
charity shops, or to stitch clubs sales table or donated to folks making fund raising items.
It’s a conundrum alright and if any of you have an explanation I’d love to hear it lol 
Okay, am sure this dipping my toes back into the blogging world is enough.
Now I must seriously catch up on reading your blogs and apologising profusely for not stopping by for far too long!
Take care folks.
To quote the big fella...
I’ll be back .... :)

8 comments:

  1. Yay! Welcome back - I've missed you! So no, you're definitely not nattering to yourself because I'm here (I know - dubious pleasure, that). Oddly enough there seems to be a pervading 'thing' about decluttering happening these days and I've hopped on that bandwagon with everyone else and am posting my efforts on my blog through this month. If you want to play along, let me know and I'll link to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL the decluttering thing is masochistic isn't it.
      Shall I, shan't I? Do I need it, have I used this past year … or cough, few years!
      Will I ever use it in the end?
      Im going to be brave and take photos of the stash areas... yes, areas... LOL

      Delete
  2. Happy New Year to you too. I lost interest in blogging too, and thought I might do semi-regular Insta posts, but that hasn't happened either. Maybe the days of sitting to write about my life, instead of getting out there and doi g it, are done. Good luck with taming your stash, I think It's universal....I've been decluttering as I pack, but still seem to have as much. Like to see your little pouches when you get your cloud organised ( I think That's what It's called, sounds good ) The 11 yr old will be able to help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How funny, I just emailed you LOL didn't check my emails though to see if anyone had replied on blog!
      Im out of the habit!!
      My days of writing about it, rather than living it, were done too, not sure why Ive stumbled back into it.
      Will see how long it lasts but lovey to know your out there and hopefully doing well : )
      Packing? Is there a move on the horizon finally?

      Delete
  3. Any decluttering I do never shows either. I still have way too much fabric, beanies, and cabbage patch dolls, and in the attic who knows. I finally parted with my Archie Digest and all my old computer books for my Apple IIe. Boy does that date me. My youngest grandson is 16 and my oldest granddaughter 21.....wow time is flying by. I see you (here)...grin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi hun! The thing is, does whats left next to the spaces, just spread out ( like cellulite?)
      and infill the spaces we empty?!
      Thinning out needs doing doesn't it.
      Theres a fine line tween collecting and hoarding and I reckon a lot of it is a nesting instinct
      and the 'incase' we might need it theory.
      And of course January seems to be the month for turfing out the old ………. Oh Hell!
      That's me!! Old! lol

      Delete
  4. Welcome back Lyn! I have been a sporadic blogger this year too. I seem to do more travelling than I used to now that we are back in Switzerland and all my family are in the UK (including a new granddaughter) it means we seem to be forever visiting relatives! Great fun but leaves little time to play!! Glad all still well with you and decluttering seems a great start to the new decade!! Christine xx

    ReplyDelete