Sunday 10 January 2010

A picture of my Grandson at his Mums house taken after Christmas where I was sitting with him, whilst she caught up on some sleep upstairs.
I was glad of the warmth besides the opportunity to be with Jack. 10 days of no central heating over Christmas and New year has even now left its mark on me lol always feeling cold and now catargh and an ulcerated mouth. Id never have managed in Cranford, even with my home made felted jumpers, fingerless gloves lol

So if you have flour, eggs and butter..........make a cake, right?
So since there was snow, in abundance, I did some snow dyeing of fabric but good job we dont get it that often in England, because I have no natural talent for it!
I will put in some pics next time, but apart from a resounding success with white velvet......(which was a sheer fluke)...........my finished fabrics dont look like the many wonderful 'space dyed' effect, fabrics Ive seen online, done by others. So I will accept that my skills lay elsewhere............... and keep looking for them ....
Mind you I do not have wonderful procion dyes, I must be the only one not to have bought any - so used what fabric dyes I had left and many were years and years old, and mostly solidified-ish now. But Im using up what Ive got before I buy more you see, its my recycling and 'using stuff up' thing....

This cold weather and the period without heating has made my joints complain. My right hip and right ankle were always abit more stiff but the shoulders have kicked in, the backs a bother and my fingers hurt a great deal now. Arthritus I suppose creeping in, well, trundling in!
So knowing that Ive piled on the weight since all the building repairs began and during the 3 years and 2 ops on my foot.........exercise Ive reasoned is what I need.

But not for me jogging, since it would seriously injure my chin and knees to jog with my monolithic chest bouncing around and besides the knee and ankle wouldnt stand up to it.... even IF I could manage to breathe whilst doing it.

The gym? Did that 5 years ago and yes lost a great deal, felt much better, but felt embarrassingly intimidated every time I went, by those that were slimmer, thinner, younger. It took so much courage to go each time and I spent the time there, desperately trying not to be noticed in anyway, shape or form. I have lost that courage now. I might go if I could wear a full length kaftan, but it would be considered too dangerous to wear on the equipment and theyd never let me wear it in the pool. (Besides abit overdressed to swim a width which is all I can do anyway..)

I could buy cds to exercise to couldnt I? Well, the videos never worked, so cds wont be much better, you need to be disciplined enough to DO them. Owning everso many, never lost me an inch...

Pole dancing classes are all the range now arent they? But I'd have trouble getting my leg over a bike let alone above my head, hanging upside down off a pole... and where would I find a ceiling that could take my weight attached to any pole! The already svelte around me, going to improve their bedroom appeal, as much as their fitness and suppleness, would be appalled if I trolled up to learn the craft too. lol No, you have to consider other people don't you! I would hate to think anyone was traumatised by the sight of me enveloped, upside down or otherwise, in my own rolls of spare tyre...

Regular walking then? And I have 2 dogs so that serves another purpose if I go with them. BUT ... even though I go to the loo beforehand, 10 minutes into the walk I need a pee or worse, and the right ankle swells before Im half way and I end up limping home with pain from the arthritic ankle and the twisting toes... foiled again.. Besides the smaller of the two barks incessantly at any other dog he sees, so its a stressful activity all round!

I have tried trolling up and down the stairs as my own twist on step aerobics. Now this might have worked, had the ankle not complained bitterly and given out on me so often, that I very nearly broke my neck coming back down ....

So now, Ive decided to try and dance to fitness, in the kitchen, to the music of the radio or to John Denver, this morning as it happens.
I LIKE JOHN DENVER, OKAY!
The only time I ever had a waist was when I was training in both the Police Force and the RAF, so I will be swinging my arms as in marching and manouvering round the stool and ironing board, doing my own choreography of line dancing.
Star jumps and jogging on the spot are OUT, reasons as discussed previously. Windmill arm motions in time to the music, are IN.
Marching on the spot featured this morning and may become a regular spot, with gesticulations trying to simulate gentle movements, to remind the joints they are SUPPOSED to be able to move all ways round, like they once did.
Like 'Use it, or Lose it'.........though I may be too late really....

I blame that new programme on tv last night..........the new dance programme, what is it? 'So you think you can Dance'? I think its called.
I will NEVER be able to sit on a park bench again now...................without feeling the need to body pop or hip hop on my arse and will forEver now feel unfulfilled, since I am too infirm to bum swizzle, on the spot and hike my legs up and over the back of the bench like they did...............
But with my new, concerted home fitness regime, I may yet be able to go to Scarborough and well, lets face it, thats a start isnt it?

Okay off for a coffee and some Ibuprofen.......

ooh, AH, OW! limp....limp....limp.....


1 comment:

  1. What an entertaining post, so funny, you are terrific Lyn
    Shelagh joining the limp club

    ReplyDelete