Thursday 29 October 2009







Aha!

Now the sumptious ear hugger on the left was knitted up with the delicious yarn given to me by Joan at http://www.calanacrafts.co.uk/, a fabby gift Joan, thanks so much!

I love the way simply knitting it in garter stitch, it's formed organic, wavy edges that work well as an ear warmer. Your yarns are indeed beautifully dyed and I heartily recommend them, travelling as they do down from the Isle of Harris.


The tree on the right, is yet another in the series lol but of interest is the circle's wrapping itself. I took apart this lampshade frame and took the fabric cover off but thought it might work as a wrap itself...more recycling! Yeaaaa.....

Fabric used as a shade is often spray stuck, onto a very thin plastic sheeting pattern base, I have found.

This plastic cracks over time, presumably the heat from the bulb hardens it, but in cracking so easily, it makes it easier to peel the fabric from the backing plastic itself.

So this wrap is that particular textured fabric and I do like the tendrils of fraying that have occured as it was worked on. This tree trunk is a mix of different strings and the foliage is another charity shop find............thank you Jean!

It was a good choice you made on my behalf lolol
The tree at the top, which was supposed to have been ...........here!..........( is it just ME or does Blogger move pics to suit itself?) ...........well the tree at the top, was a trial and I do quite like the foliage effect.
The yarn Ive used was a 50p car boot buy, a really long, commercially made scarf that I bought to take apart for the yarn to use with my embellisher. It washed up nicely and though it took alot of effort to take it apart and I didnt have such long lengths in the end, I do like the colours very much.......its acrylic, not magnificent wool like Joans yarn, in my ear hugger.
My local charity shop has been keeping me lampshades that are too grubby to sell, and I give them a donation for them which is cheaper than buying them from a craft supplier and is of course, recycling at its best. Im hoping they will have some square ones, I particuarly like those to work on.
Ive gathered in a good stash of them now..........and realise I should have done them in seasons, they'd work well in a group of 4.spring/summer/autumn and winter. Im working on a snowy winter one now, and I think it would be work as a xmas decoration as well as an all year wall hanging. Funny how these things evolve!
Im having grandson Jack on saturday, our very own Jack in a box, boxes being his favourite toy at the moment. He sits in them lol so I have brought an enormous one home from work for him to use as a den.............yes, all 14 months of him lol
He has learnt to frown, but only with one eyebrow so far and he's using this mobile eyebrow at every opportunity, its SO funny to see!
His Mum, Kelly has taught him to 'high five' too........so as he passes you, he casually puts his hand up for you to pat and say 'high five' to him lol To which he simply says 'hmm' and plods on.
If he happens to be at the other side of the room and gets the urge to high five us, he raises his hand and we are supposed to chase over and high five him!
If we dont of course, we get the frowny eyebrow lol...................He's a joy!


No comments:

Post a Comment