Monday 30 March 2020

So how's it going in your neck of the woods?
I was three or four days ahead of UK lockdown but already some pals of mine are struggling with being confined to home.
So I'm wondering if there's something wrong with me - as I'm not! 
It is early days of course and I may well be ooby-loop crazy by the end of our new 'normal', best let me know please, if I start showing signs of losing the plot on here!

I made the fastening cushion below, last week for a child with physical difficulties. I can't recall if I told you how much I dislike doing button holes but I have gotten round making the smaller ones by using the buttons and holes on charity shop shirts - yeah! 
Ideally shirts have the small buttons that so often PD children need most help with.

I had picked up A LOT of shirts with the intention of making ever so many quilts out of them or batching some together to make natty shirts for myself in the style of 

https://paganoonoo.com/      in fact I even bought a pattern from her!

Well you know how it is, I have still not gotten round to doing either of those things!
So I started cutting off cuffs and button plackets to put to good use on the many fastening cushions I make for the kids that need them at work.



Now the one below I made whilst in work, for a child who loves fire engines and needed more practise with some larger buttons too.
A pain but I do still have to do button holes lol



 A while back, work asked me to make a Storysack for 'Jack wants a Pet', an Aussie tale written by Marion Osbourne, by all accounts for her grandchildren who live over there.

So I chose the velcro accepting fabric back board idea again with an assortment of made, adapted and acquired creatures that feature in the story. Some of them can be attached onto the board so allows for differing forms of activity. 




I made a simple braille version of the book itself to go along with these 2d and 3d items.

And they call this work : )
So its easy to see why I can work from home  isn't it!

Tomorrow I must venture out to collect my prescription and meds but I will be wearing a Gangster Grannie facemask in the Drs and pharmacy if others are in there!

I made afew for my daughter to wear since she works in a building society but no, they are not cool enough for her …… my common sense
has she none....
Mind you wearing a facemask makes my breath steam up my glasses, so I might yet end up walking into a wall and becoming hospitalised yet!

Take care all x

Take care all


2 comments:

  1. Buttonholes give me the heeby-geebies too. Avoid them like the plague. Your solution is brilliant though! Will have to remember that. I've just made a few masks for my chiropractor but dread the possibility of having to wear one myself. I'm violently claustrophobic and just the thought of having anything over my face makes me hyperventilate. Stay safe my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm wondering - did you get my comment on this post? It hasn't shown up and now I'm wondering if I messed up. Don't want you to think I'm ignoring you!!!
    Stay safe, stay well.

    ReplyDelete