They would then swap over the wearing and unfastening.
Naturally I recycled as much as possible, cutting bits off scraps of old clothing I'd already gathered for much this kind of little resource.
There's a large press stud beneath the glittery pom pom on the right and on the back is a buckle, but the pictures colour has gone skew whiff I notice, how odd !
This was a prototype made with the fabric that they cover hospital chairs with, waterproof and wipe clean, but although its going to be used for purpose, I didn't much like it's rigidity.
So the second one is made out of some trouser fabric and is much better to handle.
I have to make two more for them, each one with slightly different fastenings.
I had gotten tired of hand stitching the scrappy patchwork covers.
All four cushion tops are made with 3 still needing to be lightly quilted, then all backed, but there's no rush for them yet.
I want to finish them off by backing them with the machine stitch, rather than hand stitching anyway, so need to wait till I'm moved in the new place.
I have started making crochet daisy hexis with oddments of wool. The urge came upon me to do something with wool when I saw the pattern on a wonderful blog I follow sandra-cherryheart.blogspot.com/p/tutorials.html
Sandras blog is an interesting blog to follow and there are some delightful tutorials on there which are beautifully put together for us to learn from.
Her pattern for these Daisy Puffagons is well explained in her tutorial with clear pictures and she has made a striking bag with them which is worth back tracking posts to see.