Friday 5 June 2020

Here we are again

Hi there …. gosh June already.
How are you all doing out there in the real world?

This is a year we won't forget isn't it, odd, interesting, baffling, infuriating, scary and many, many more such feelings - and many will only surface later maybe.

Little has altered for me, still working from home and enjoying it and in no rush to go back in to the office again.

We can potter around more freely and drive further afield to potter too. But even so, part of me is concerned that an invisible virus is floating about that may infect me which is annoying. The fact that its most likely going to reach me by the lack of common sense in others is most annoying of all lol

I am certainly not worrying myself silly about it however, there is nothing other than basic common sense that I can use to try and help prevent infection. 
But I'm sure it will have coloured the outlook of many of us and our future plans, as to whether we enter the community in the same way we had before.

I am still thinking that through!

And then the appalling death of yet another US black person.
Humanity doesn't learn from history does it and you know, for me, that is the most sad and infuriating thing of all right now.

Some bits Ive made for work - nursery rhyme characters for a Language Unit teacher ..





I finished the skew whiff hexi top, now have to think about how best to back it and quilt it.
I am much happier making the tops than finishing them must admit.


I wish I'd spread the darker diamonds out differently but instead of making all the blocks first and then arranging them, I stitched them togther as I went along.
Learn by my mistakes! 
I do like the skew whiff, castellated edges even though they will be a pain to incorporate on a backing.

Anyway hope all is well, with all of you and yours out there.
Take care 

2 comments:

  1. Oh I had a good early morning chuckle at your bears......those 'wt..?' startled faces and smug Goldilocks......and piggies with shirts that cover anything important.....love them, you're so creative. How terrific to get to stay home and get paid to " play".
    Glad to hear someone else who has the same thoughts about going out and mingling.....not keen either. I'm happy to have the cheery man deliver my shopping, I still walk x2 a day and chat at a distance, but not interested in going to the shopping centre or to get my nails done or eyebrows threaded.....top of a friend's end of iso list! Love your skewed hexies, that's a labour of love there, look forward to seeing it backed and finished. All good here, my life sounds like yours lol .....settlement on 18th, although nothing will change as I can stay until ok to travel. Be well xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I most definitely has been an unforgettable year and it's hardly begun! I shudder to think what might be coming next but am very hopeful it will be a whole lot calmer than what it's been. DH and I are being very cautious in our 'outages' and even though things here are very slowly opening up under strict guidelines I'm choosing to still only go to the grocery store and the bank for a long time to come I think.
    Re your hexxie diamond dilemma - what if - could you make more of the darker colored hexxies and insert them into the 'holes' around the edge? That would square it up and also help to balance your concern about wishing you'd arranged the darker diamonds differently? Just a thought!

    ReplyDelete