Thursday 9 February 2017

Bunged up and fed up ...

Yes, am bunged up - nasally not innards! 
 - and am now fed up at being so.
The right side of my nose has been blocked for weeks, the cough and head-achey cold that so many have had and cant shake off, but its so tiring and I'm fed up of it now!

Anyways that aside I've not been too prolific but ....
I got annoyed so much with myself that I couldn't find the Janie Crowfoot crochet pattern Mystical Lanterns
- which is tucked safely away here at home somewhere -
I bought another copy!
Its a lovely shaped module, although here they are blocked out flatter: when you stitch them they go all skew whiff and I doubted they'd ever stitch together correctly lol
I am going to make a cushion with these wool oddments anyway.



This building is next to where I work and I find it really odd lol ....
its the Language Unit where children go who need help to speak properly! That's its buildings name!



Oh and I made a silly little pin cushion out of some narrow strips of acrylic felt, but it could be a good quick make idea for children.
I saw somewhere - strips of felt had running stitches along their length and they were then strung on xmas trees like garlands of pop corn.
Although they still looked like slightly gathered strips of felt to me lol

So I ran stitches along narrow felt lengths and pulled them into a coil, then stitched it all together then backed it with some scrap leather.
It wont win any prizes but it is easy enough to make.



And of course if you made enough you could stitch them altogether
and make a natty plate mat, table runner or penny rug!

Oh and I have to confess - I'm worried in case its my age ...
Have you seen Tom Hardy in his role in Taboo?
Swooon ...........................even though he's a terrible character!
I have always loved those long black maxi coats, maybe that's the appeal...

Image result for tom hardy




8 comments:

  1. Grin.....I can't tell you how many times I found it easier to rebuy than to look for something. Cut pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry you've succumbed to the crud. I had it for six weeks over Christmas and it's definitely wearing on you. Hope you soon feel better. And oh how I feel for you over the lost pattern - I do that more than I care to admit. My main problem is continuing to buy books that I already own (not a cheap mistake!). Love your pincushion - similar to the knitted version I did a few years ago. I added a large heavy metal washer to the bottom of mine for additional stability. If you want the pattern, let me know (it's no longer in publication).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your little projects despite you not feeling well. I hope by the time you read this everything is fine!
    My mother was forever buying things to "stock up." When the time came, she never could remember where she put them. After she passed away, I had a hard time throwing anything out. So here they are now - "somewhere" - although it's easier to buy new than look through boxes of things for what I need. Maybe "some day!" :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. sorry you are still so bunged up i am so lucky will reach the big 70 this year but seem to keep healthy.
    So relate to losing things I spend so much time searching and then when the lost is found it is usually staring me in my face.
    The crochet looks very good not much good at following crochet patterens squares are about my limit..Felt works too, hope you are better soon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your crochet Lyn.... it is going to make a lovely cushion! What a cute and easy pincushion too! Hope you feel much better soon! Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Get well soon! So many bugs about so hunker down with the Kleenex and your crochet, which is very pretty btw.

    ReplyDelete
  7. There are some horrid bugs around this year; hope you shake yours off soon. I seem to spend my whole life saying 'where did I put...'

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi you are always so creative and have always enjoyed reading your posts-are you having warmer than normal weather? we are cold and then up in the 70s and then back down again really has my allergies in fits-mostly with my ears they drain after being clogged-but such is the way of it lol love the colors in your crochet

    ReplyDelete